African Women Development Fund calls for (AWDF ) calls for applications from African women’s rights organisations and groups for the award of grants to support activities that promote the wellbeing of women.
Under its small grants initiative to coordinate activities around World AIDS Day and 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based violence, AWDF supports innovative women’s rights groups and organisations annually.
The focus will be on education and awareness on preventing violence against women and girls (VAWG) while also promoting women’s access to comprehensive mental health and wellness services.
- Innovation that uses technology, arts, culture, and sports to create awareness and elevate the voice of women around HIV and AIDS
- Create collective spaces for care that affirm and build the confidence of women living with HIV and AIDS to speak out about their mental and emotional health
- The Project that educates key stakeholders on the challenge faced by women living with HIV and AIDS
- An evolution that introduces the agenda for addressing the drivers causing mental health illnesses in women living with HIV and AIDS
- Projects that hold duties bearers accountable for addressing HIV, AIDS emotional and mental issue
- Must have been in business for at least 3 years.
- Must be a registered institution.
- Must be led by a woman and focus on women’s right.
- Must have the necessary organisational structure to implement the project.
- Must complete the necessary application forms.
- The annual budget of not more than $100,000.
- Should be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF, a well-known women’s rights organisation or the local government office.
- Should have a measurable financial management system to properly account for funds received.
- Must be able to report back on the outcomes of the project.
Up to $2000 grant will be awarded. The eligible projects should have a budget of not more than $2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds.
July 13, 2020 -Application portal closes.
How to apply
If you check all criteria boxes, begin your application online before it closes on Monday, July 13, 2020.